- Where: Red Hat
- When: October 6th - 10th
- Registration: Send Steve Dickson email with "October Bakeathon 2014" in the subject - in particular, he needs to know if you need to ship equipment to the site and how many engineers will be attending.
These are not meant to be inclusive, but reflect interests shown in the WG:
- pNFS and NFSv4.1
- NFSv4.2 prototypes
- NFSv4.0 Migration
- FedFS prototypes
- New layout types
On the morning of Wednesday, October 8 (09:00 AM EDT), the bake-a-thon organizers will host an NFS/RDMA conclave. The topic of the meeting is "NFS/RDMA in Enterprise Linux." We'll discuss:
- Adapter and fabric diversity
- Troubleshooting tools
- NFS server support
- Continuous testing strategies
In other words, what it will take in the long run to make NFS/RDMA a vibrant alternative to NFS on IPoIB in Enterprise Linux distributions.
- U.S. and Canada: (800) 451-8679
- World wide toll free numbers
- Conference code: 564.272.1552
What we need is the number of attendees from your company, their names (and email) and the type of equipment you will be bringing.
We are primarily interested in if the equipment has special power requirements and if it is loud.
By the way, please look at the Event Hosting Requirements and let us know if you plan to use a network service not listed.
Current AttendanceWho is coming
Shipping AddressRed Hat 314 Littleton Rd, Westford, MA 01886
There are parking lots in front and in the back of the building. The lot in front is for visitors so feel free to use it and it is the closest. There are three parking lots in the back. One right behind the building and two across the street, those parking lots are a bit of a walk so go for the front lot.
Bakeathon Recommended Hotel Information
This year I've have blocked off 20 rooms in two different hotels. Use the keywords Red Hat or Bakeathon when referring to the blocked rooms with both hotels.Hampton Inn & Suites Westford
- It is basically brand new (2 or 3yrs old)
- No bar but there is an Chili's with walking distance.
- A bit further (2.0 mi, 5 mins vs 1.0mi, 2 mins).
- A bit more expensive, (112.00 vs 105.00).
- Address: 9 Nixon Road Westford, MA 01886 P:978-392-1555 F:978-392-1566
- Google Map
- Some people were not happy with their rooms
- There is a bar that has been "steved tested" ;-)
- There is a bunch of stores with in walking distance
- Address: 219 Littleton RD, Westford, MA 01886 Phone: (978) 692-8200
- Google Map
For both hotels, book the rooms by Sat Sept 6th to get booking the block rates
Note: The Manchester Airport is much less congested than Boston Logan, but it is hard to get nnon-stop flights
- Burton Grill, 1 Cornerstone Square Westford, MA 01886, (978) 692-1220
- Eviva Cucina, 7 Cornerstone Square Westford, MA 01886, (978) 692-9050,
- Five Guys, 10 Cornerstone Square, Westford, MA 01886, (978) 692-6008
- Chili's , 137 Littleton Road, Westford, MA, 978-692-8498
- British Beer Company, 149 Littleton Road • Westford, MA 01886, 978-577-6034
Please feel free to contact Steve directly with questions.